━ We Are Hiring!
Join the team
A dynamic team committed to the serving our community and growth of our local businesses.
BROWSE CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
The Administrative Assistant, is at the heart of our operations, playing a vital role in nurturing the Made in Plumas County (MIPC) Program. This multifaceted position involves financial administration, program coordination, and building strong relationships with our MIPC Program members, vendors, and our wonderful community.
📍 Work remotely from anywhere in Plumas County!
The IVIH Administrative Assistant, performs administrative tasks to support internal functions at IVIH. They’re active in the development and coordination of the Made in Plumas County (MIPC) Program, possibly on funding initiatives, and in financial administration.
- Acts as the Program Coordinator for the Made in Plumas County Program
- Provide and oversee service delivery (including problem solving) to MIPC Program product creator members, retailers, and consumers
- Provide orientation of duties to staff and volunteers working in the MIPC Program booth
- Ensure staff are familiar with fiscal and administrative policies and procedures
- Maintain communication w/ staff through regular meetings and communications
- Responsible for ensuring staff remains familiar w/ all emergency procedures for road related emergencies, fire, excessive heat or cold, or emergencies associated w/ events
- Responsible for ensuring all supervised staff is aware of policy and procedure changes
- Provides leadership, direction, and support for staff and volunteers in the MIPC Program
- Responsible for overseeing financial transactions at the MIPC booth
- Provide all services in a professional, confidential manner
- Works with IVIH Director to ensure MIPC Program complies with all fiscal, administrative, and operational requirements as required
- Works with the IVIH Director to develop and implement policies and procedures
- Works with IVIH Director to ensure high quality of services provided and high IVIH Committee, client, and customer satisfaction
- Assess needs of MIPC business members to determine needs
- Responsible for fostering relationships with MIPC Program members, and vendors
- Works closely w/ MIPC members to coordinate acquirement of inventory
- Collaborate w/ product distribution contractors
- Coordinate and implement the MIPC booth at Farmer’s Markets and special events
- Procure content from product makers for MIPC Program’s online directory
- Maintain a database/inventory of products held by MIPC Program
- Responsible for secured storage of products
- Works w/ the community and product makers to assess interests and needs for training, workshops, events, and activities and provides this information to the IVIH Director
- Provides outreach and marketing for the MIPC Program throughout Plumas County
- Submit bimonthly reports to IVIH Director detailing program accomplishments, proposed changes, obstacles, and financial data as requested
- Submit updated program reports to IVIH Director for marketing the MIPC Program for media, social media, etc.
- Attend meetings as needed/required
- Prepare spreadsheets, statistical, and budget reports
- Review and optimize filing system
- Other duties as needed
- Experience in grant writing and securing funding from various sources OR the desire and ability to train to write grants
- Proficiency in financial administration and budget management OR the ability to collaborate with a financial administrator
- Strong project management and organizational skills OR the desire and ability to learn these new skills
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships with external organizations
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement and outreach
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle changing priorities and responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience working with the public to provide high quality customer service
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the coordination of events and activities
- Demonstrated experience maintaining files and working with a filing system
- Desired level of proficiency in Word, Excel, Internet email, Zoom, Google Workspace, and WordPress OR the desire and ability to learn these software applications
- Excellent knowledge of office equipment, like printers/scanners
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with others
- Demonstrated experience building and supporting teams
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to recognize high quality products
- Ability to pass background clearance
- AA in business or a related field OR High school diploma or equivalent and 3 years’ experience in a comparable position
- 1 year proven experience in a leadership position in the workplace
- 3 years’ experience coordinating services with a single focus
- 1 year experience with public relations including marketing
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds at times
- A vehicle is required and driving is required to Farmer’s Markets, to special events, to client’s business locations, and to meetings
━ APPLY NOW
Indian Valley Innovation Hub is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice and the employee must be willing to adapt.