Sierra SBDC provides a range of programs and resources to support small businesses in Plumas County through webinars, workshop partnerships, and business advising.
- Business Advising and Consulting: Sierra SBDC offers no-cost one-on-one business advising and consulting services both in person and virtually with expert business advisors in various areas, including business planning, marketing strategies, financial management, access to capital, and growth strategies. This personalized assistance helps businesses overcome challenges and achieve their goals. Sessions are either in person, by phone, email, or Zoom meeting. Information about the Sierra SBDC’s expert business advisors, including those located in Plumas County, can be found here: https://www.sierrasbdc.com/about/team
- Business Training and Workshops: Sierra SBDC organizes business training sessions, workshops, and seminars covering a wide range of topics relevant to small business success. These educational programs cover areas such as business planning, financial management, marketing, sales, digital marketing, and legal and regulatory compliance. By attending these training opportunities, small business owners can acquire valuable knowledge and skills to improve their operations. Most training that Sierra SBDC offers is through webinars and most are free.
§ Sierra SBDC, Plumas County Planning Department and Indian Valley Innovation Hub facilitate in-person trainings throughout Plumas County in Greenville, Chester, Quincy, and Portola about Government Grants such as CARES Act and ARPA
- Market Research and Analysis: Sierra SBDC assists small businesses with market research and analysis to help them understand their target audience, industry trends, and competitive landscape. This information enables businesses to make informed decisions regarding market positioning, product development, pricing strategies, and marketing campaigns.
- Access to Capital and Financing: Sierra SBDC helps small businesses navigate the process of accessing capital and financing options. They provide guidance on identifying funding sources, preparing loan applications, developing financial projections, and connecting with lenders or investors. This support increases the chances of small businesses securing the necessary funds for growth and expansion.
- COVID-19 Business Recovery Assistance: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Sierra SBDC offers specialized support to small businesses navigating the challenges and impacts of the crisis. They provide guidance on accessing relief programs, adapting business models, implementing safety measures, and developing resilience strategies to recover and thrive in the post-pandemic environment.
- Specialty Programs and Initiatives: Sierra SBDC may offer specialty programs tailored to specific industries or business needs. These programs can include specialized training, industry-specific consulting, and networking opportunities. Examples may include programs focused on food and agriculture businesses, retail businesses, or technology startups.
It’s important to note that Sierra SBDC’s programs and resources may evolve over time. Small business owners in Plumas County are encouraged to directly contact Sierra SBDC or visit their website to get the most up-to-date information on the programs and resources available to them.
Sierra Small Business Development Center
10183 Truckee Airport Road
Truckee, CA 96161